Artist Statement: For this trailer I wanted to focus completely on Diana’s character. Obviously the official trailers focused on her, but they also showed Steve’s and the antagonists’ point of view. The song is Killer Queen so it would feel off to show any other character’s perspective besides the Amazonian Princess.
1. Lots of frame stretching and frame interpolation were used to make sure cuts and movements worked in time with the music. This was necessary because of not only lack of footage from existing trailers, but lack of proper length since the cuts were edited in a completely different tempo dependent on the trailer.
2. Anytime someone asks who Diana is, the lyric “She’s a killer queen” proceeds it.
3. The only audio used from Wonder Woman trailers are dialogue, the gunshot, and ricochet. All cinematic sweeteners and sound effects were edited back in.
4. Wonder Woman jumping through the window at 1:12 is from two different trailers. One had a couple frames more for the beginning and the other had her completely breaking through. One version was zoomed in farther so I had to match the movement of the tracking shot by cropping the other shot in further, otherwise there was a very noticeable jump in framing. Color correction was heavily used as well.
5. "What are you? She’s a killer queeeeen!" Makes me laugh every single time.
I wanted to showcase the sound editing and mixing of my trailers by removing these elements completely. Sound Design is an aspect overlooked, but when it's absent it's painfully obvious. I removed all sound effects that I added. This includes Background Sound Effects, Cinematic Sweeteners/Trailer Hits, Noise Reduction, Foley, and "Hard" Sound Effects. I also removed all Mixing aspects including EQ's, Volume Automation, Compression/Limiting, Sidechain Compression, and Reverbs. If you hear any sound effects it's because they were in the dialogue track or I used the SFX used in the exact shot of the movie (I treated that like I would production audio since it's not a sound element I designed).